Saturday, May 23, 2015

Kentucky Bound, Part 4

...In which I prepare to be New York bound...

My work here in Kentucky is done. After days of prep, and days of nerves, and days of travel, and days of shooting, I am packing up the scripts and the camera cards, saying goodbye to the new group of people I have gotten to work with, and hoping against hope that there will be a next time. It's funny how life works out--the things that make us comfortable certainly make us comfortable, but sometimes the things that make us nervous, that test us a little, are the ones that make us soar. In the past few days, I have been reminded that AD work is not dead. I have been reminded that though I am not in an AD/Editor job, as I once was at ABC, I am still very much an AD and an Editor. I have been reminded that being away from my family briefly doesn't mean I don't care, it just means I'm away from my family briefly. And I have been reminded that there's a person in here, a person with whom it can be easy to lose touch.

And thus ends my Kentucky bound story. A few days to work and remember, to grow, and to look forward. Who knew you could find out so much from a little trip to Kentucky?

No comments:

Post a Comment