Saturday, May 18, 2013

Great New Day

Last night at 6:20, I bemoaned the fact that the train to get me home was running 14 minutes late, and turned out to be a local. Last night, once I was home, I realized that the events of the evening were the result of a derailment/crash in another part of Connecticut. This morning when I got up and read the paper, I realized that one of the trains that crashed was likely the express I was waiting to take.
 

Thankfully, the crash caused no life-threatening injuries. But it changed the day for a whole lot of people, in more than just a "my train is late" kind of way.
 

So today, I have drunk in life a little more, hugged my kids a little tighter, seen my surroundings with slightly different eyes. I got home a little later than planned last night. Just a little later than planned.
 

And today was a great new day.

No comments:

Post a Comment