Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Reading and Reading

I read a few books to my son tonight and stayed awake doing it. Which is huge for me, particularly on a day when I'm already tired when I walk in the door at 8.
 

Then he read a few books to me (well, one and part of another, when he realized my eyes were closing), and I fell asleep. Dead asleep. Don't know how long he stayed up (he could have been wandering to the kitchen, having a second dessert) asleep. Didn't unpack the lunchboxes, didn't run the dishwasher asleep. Didn't set the alarm (which could be the start of a whole series of disasters tomorrow) asleep. Lying in a bed full of books asleep.
 

Thankfully, there is my blog, the one thing that made me start awake at midnight and get up to unpack the lunchboxes, unload the dishwasher, clear away the books, and SET THE ALARM. Oh, and write the blog. Reading to my son may be full of potential risks, but writing a blog--that'll save me every time!
 

(Oh, and by the way, Notwashedupyet crossed the 20,000 pageviews mark today, so, many thanks to you all! And keep reading.)
 

Despite the risks, my son and I will too.

No comments:

Post a Comment