Monday, May 27, 2013

If Life is a Bowl of Blogs...?

Almost every time I publish a new post, I find that moments later, hours later, even days later, I think of things I could have added to the given topic. Things I missed, whether actual events or deeper reflections. But time doesn't stop in this blog world. Publishing happens quickly, and those things left out just have to wait for next time.
 

In a lot of ways, day to day life is a whole lot more like blogging than like publishing a book. For in our day to day lives, we rarely have time to review and rewrite. Rather, we are called upon to act and react immediately and decisively, to gather our facts and emotions, often more quickly than we'd like. And then to live with the consequences of our actions, often having those same moments later, hours later, days later feelings of having missed something that I have with my blog. And while, as with the blog, we can always do it differently next time, we also face the fact that what's said is said, what's done is done. There's no taking back, there's just moving on.
 

Perhaps that is why this blogosphere works well for me. Like my life, it is a commitment to forging ahead, to appreciating what goes right and making peace with fixing the "not so right" tomorrow. To living with circumstances that are sometimes perfect, but more often, just the best they can be in that moment.
 

So, even if you have no intention of blogging, I encourage you to check out this blogger's way of thinking. Because even if you leave out something today, you might still be able to review and rewrite it tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment