Saturday, January 4, 2014

Snow Day

I admit it. I was hoping for the snow day. Perhaps even more than my kids.
 

It wasn't that it would have me home and playing in the white stuff. I'd be working regardless. Perhaps it was my not wanting to worry about my kids' travel to and from school, and their staying warm and dry for the day. Mostly, though, I think it was the idea that, with their return to school after a long time away, I just wanted them to have one more day of down time. One more day before having to return to the whirlwind of homework and activities. One more day to catch up on sleep and on organization. Just one more day.
 

And how did it go?
 

Sleep--check. When I woke to find out schools were closed, not only did I not wake up any kids, I grabbed an extra hour myself.
 

Organization--check. Well, not so much. Had I not been working, maybe. But steps were taken on big projects, so overall, not bad.
 

Playing in the white stuff--nope. But, as I traveled to work, I was immensely glad that I was not worrying about them trudging to school.
 

The down time--a success. Some board games played, some relaxing done. And a few steps closer to all of us being ready to handle the barrage as we return to our full plate of life.
 

Thanks to the snow. And the snow day.

No comments:

Post a Comment