Friday, January 24, 2014

Working With A List

I read yesterday that Bill Cosby is planning a new family show. Hard to know what that will mean, but interesting news.

It's been quite some time since, thanks to the generosity of a series of colleagues, I landed a job as the AD on the CBS incarnation of Cosby. In the four years of that show, I learned a tremendous amount not only about comedy, but about prime-time priorities and working with people as well. After all, the people at Cosby had not seen me move through any ranks. They took me for what they saw, and it was my job to prove in a matter of days what I'd had years to prove at One Life to Live. Suffice it to say, I survived, and grew incredibly, over my four years there, and I consider those four years to have been some of the best of my career, and the people from them some of my best ongoing career network.
 

So, the announcement yesterday not only filled me with excitement at the idea of production in New York--possibly production in which I could have a role. It filled me with all the memories and good feelings that came out of those years. It was more than ten years ago, and there are parts of it that I remember as if they were yesterday, and people from the production who remain firmly on my mental list of folks I'd like to work with again. I think that most of the time, that's really what it's about-- the people you're working with. No matter what the project, if you're working with people who are "on their game" and are making the work fun, it's a good thing.
 

So, whether on this, or some other project, I hope I'll get the chance to work with some of the people on my "list" again--very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment