Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Prepared For Anything

This morning, as I got to Grand Central, I realized that I hadn't put on makeup. And, because I had just missed the subway and had waited seven minutes till the next one, there was no time even to think about finding a place to buy makeup. I had to make my train, so off to the train I went.
 

Now, it's not as if my "makeup look" is radically different from my "non-makeup look." It's quite possible that some people didn't even notice the difference. The bigger issue is that, while on the Upper West Side, I could just walk out and get whatever I needed, in Stamford, a train time is a train time, and there aren't exactly five chain drugstores right outside the studio door. So I need to come prepared.
 

My husband has always laughed at the fact that I carry a big backpack wherever I go, when he walks out with almost nothing. What million things could I possibly need? Turns out, in Stamford, there are lots of things I could need--headache and cold medicine, makeup (!), dry  socks (for when it's raining on the way to the train), an umbrella (for when it's raining on the way home from the train). So, out with all the useless stuff that has just piled up in the bag. Welcome to Stamford. It's a new life, and I've got to be prepared for anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment