Thursday, March 28, 2013

When Thursday Becomes Friday

OLTL will not be shooting tomorrow, I assume because of some union rule about Good Friday. So today was my "Friday," coming home as if it's been a whole week of work. I'm sure that will play tricks on my body clock for days, but it does allow me to reflect on Week 2 of OLTL a day early, so here goes--

1. There's nothing that can compare with a good soap character scene--not crowds, not celebrities, not fancy stunts and effects--and I am happy to report that there will be plenty of those character scenes (right alongside the fancy stuff) on this new One Life to Live.

2. Yay for catered food that gives enough choices to make observing Passover guidelines not hard at all.

3. It is amazing how the body hangs in for what it needs to--if tomorrow were a work day, I would be raring to go, but since it's not, my body has hit weekend mode already!

4. There's nothing like being largely home for a year to make you learn more about what makes you tick and what makes you happy. The trick is to remember to listen to what you've learned over that year.

5. Week 3 (and 30-some more) are just around the corner, so I'd best make the most of this three day weekend.

And thus ends OLTL Week 2--nothing profound, perhaps, just another week of a lot of people happily at work. Tune in tomorrow...

2 comments:

  1. " There's nothing that can compare with a good soap character scene--not crowds, not celebrities, not fancy stunts and effects--and I am happy to report that there will be plenty of those character scenes (right alongside the fancy stuff) on this new One Life to Live"

    I hung in there patiently for years for a writing team to come along to appreciate the level of talent on OLTL. Then the horrific news came ABC foolishly CANCELLED OLTL. I was DEVASTATED till PP saved the day. I can not begin to tell you how grateful I am for that. It's so exciting to read your blog & all the PP media posts & reports on how much love & investment is being given to all things surrounding the rebirth of OLTL. Much thanks goes out to you & all the teams @ PP & OLTL. I am completely supporting PP's brand especially OLTL & AMC. Can not wait to see my favorite super couple Todd and Blair (Roger & Kassie are amazing!) again attached to an A+ writing & direction team. It really is a dream come true for us T&B/OlTL fans. Bless you guys! Have a fantastic holiday weekend.

    ReplyDelete