Monday, March 4, 2013

Stamford, Day 1--First Impressions

1. A lot of people do this. The people I am seeing are largely dressed for work and are walking in a way that makes you know they do this every day.
 

2. Notice the title. Not "Soaps, Day 1" or "One Life to Live, Day 1." Clearly, the part that's earth-shattering for me--at least while I'm commuting--is the commute.  I imagine this will change
 

3. I woke up at 4:30am today, pre-alarm, and stayed up.  If I do that regularly, I could do most of the morning things--school lunches and such--that I have been, and still get to a 5:55am train. And how different is 4:30 than 5, really? Okay, it's a little different, but...
 

4. I'd better have things to do on the morning train. It is so quiet, I could very easily fall into a deep sleep and miss my stop.
 

5. Catered lunch at the studio every day, so I don't have to think through packing my own lunch at 4:30am, is huge!
 

6. Even more huge is seeing so many people, many of them old friends, WORKING.
 

More from Stamford and New York tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment