Sunday, April 21, 2013

Top Ten Reasons Why It Feels Okay to Go Back to Work on Monday

1. What's at home for me all day? Really? Putting away laundry? Cleaning the apartment? Yup. I'd rather be at work.

2. Fewer hours at home to have to tell my children over and over to go to bed, practice piano, clean their room....

3. A fairly defined set of things to accomplish, rather than a list so long, there aren't nearly enough hours in 2 days to accomplish everything.

4. Lunch made by someone else.

5. My kids say they'll clean up with my sitter tomorrow--now that's something I can look forward to.

6. A paycheck. Enough said. And considering the various expenses of a weekend...enough said.

7. The satisfaction of getting up early and being on a schedule. Okay, first of all, this particular weekend was so busy that I was up early anyway. And what, am I crazy?!

8. Being appreciated for more than just my ability to make pasta and run out for Chinese.

9. A bit of quiet. Well, until I hit the subway, and the rattly train, and video footage to edit.

10. Did I mention the paycheck?

Truthfully, I love my weekends, even if they are ridiculously full--I'm sure I will be sad when they are not. But on Sunday night, when there's so much left to do, and a house of people ready to be back to routine, who hasn't thought Monday might actually be a respite?

Stay tuned for tomorrow, when I will likely mourn the ending of yet another weekend....

No comments:

Post a Comment