Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Transportation

When we are done shooting for the day, I'm not sure where most of the people go--they just sort of disappear. I figure many of them must either live nearby, be staying in a hotel, or really love driving. All I know is that there are these dedicated people (who seem to work a lot of hours) who either alert me to or drive me to the next train out. And know just how many minutes it will take at any time of day to get from the studio to the train. And know every possible route to get there. So I get on a van and then a train, and I am home.
 

There are many things that amaze me about this OLTL/AMC endeavor--the teams that are working together, the sheer dedication of the production crew, the fearlessness of the performances. But I am impressed daily by this transportation thing. Really. Not only is there a commitment to getting people to the studio to work, there is a commitment to getting them home. And while I imagine that it would be, well, awkward, to have a hundred people stranded and sleeping on couches all over the studio, that commitment makes a difference to me. And, I would guess, to the various other people who ride in the vans and on the trains with me every day. Sometimes it's about the little things.

And the big things with wheels.

No comments:

Post a Comment