Sunday, October 18, 2015

Don't Worry, Be...

I could have chosen to worry about every arrangement, every transition, but I didn't. And they all basically worked.
 

I could have chosen to worry about all the things I didn't know and all the things I couldn't do, but I didn't. And I learned things and I did things. And things mostly basically worked.
 

I could have chosen to worry about dinner not yet made or a dishwasher not yet loaded, but I didn't. And somehow, by the time we got to "lights out," people were basically fed and the kitchen was basically clean.
 

I could have chosen to worry about a slow bus or a crowded street or unexplainable traffic on my way home, but I didn't. And I got home all the same, perhaps a little later, but in plenty of time for anything that mattered.
 

I could have chosen to worry about the future, as in tomorrow, or next week, or a year from now, but I didn't. And for a moment, I was actually able to enjoy today.
 

There are times when my kids look at a stressed-out me, and say "Don't worry," which I quite often take as just kids being kids. But on days like today, I wonder--maybe they're on to something really, really good...

No comments:

Post a Comment