Friday, October 2, 2015

I Can't Help It Sometimes

I can't help it--sometimes I just want to watch baseball.

I can't help it--sometimes I just want to take a nap.

I can't help it--sometimes I just want to look back at the great times from the past.

I can't help it--sometimes I just want to look past now to the future.

I can't help it--sometimes I just want to yell "stop!" or "no!" or "quiet!"

I can't help it--sometimes I just want to believe things that have no right to be believed.

I can't help it--sometimes I just want to trust people who may not be worth my trust.

I can't help it--sometimes I just want to do more than is expected.

I can't help it--sometimes I just want to get by with less.


I can't help it--sometimes I just want to ignore my best interests.

I can't help it--sometimes I just want to look out only for my best interests.

I can't help it sometimes...but I guess sometimes, none of us can...

No comments:

Post a Comment