Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Mistaken?

I bought the sweater quickly because I was cold. And while it may not be the perfect fit, perhaps it will encourage me to make it so.
 

I chose the backpack because its design made my heart leap. And while it may be a completely unnecessary addition, it will make me smile.
 

I traveled the path because it seemed to be the straightest, the easiest, the most obvious. And while it turned out to be the longest, it allowed me to see some new things and encounter some great people.
 

I did the work because it was new, interesting, easy, challenging, offered. And while it wasn't a perfect fit every minute of every day, it enabled me to grow and learn and discover.
 

I said what I said because I felt it, believed it, thought it was the right thing at the time. And while what I said may not have led me in all the right directions, speaking up allowed me to see some new directions.
 

Sometimes, it's hard to know when mistakes are really mistakes, and when they are simply pathways into the otherwise unexplored. So, most of the time, it's better to have explored than to have stopped short of making a mistake...

No comments:

Post a Comment