Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Taking Charge Job

Some days, it feels as though it has been a long time since I have been in a "take charge" type of job. It's not that I don't make decisions and stand up for my choices, but as an "editor for hire" much of the time, I tend to execute more than I lead. The AD/Director/Stage Manager me is on a break of sorts, I guess, so I tend to do what needs to get done, often according to other people's instructions.
 

What I am realizing, though, is that even when I am not being paid to take charge, there remains a great deal of "take charge" energy in me. Taking charge means showing up and not leaving until you get what you want. Taking charge means making sure that even when completion doesn't happen, forward motion does. Taking charge means seeing people's best and encouraging them to do even better. Taking charge means believing that it (whatever "it" is) will get done, and working like crazy to make that happen.
 

So, maybe the "taking charge" me is not on a break after all. She's just doing volunteer work at the moment--making sure a family runs, and learning and growing happen, and life goes on--until, and beyond when, the next "taking charge" job comes along.

No comments:

Post a Comment